Friday 28 September 2012

Bruge
























I went by Eurostar to Bruge, or Brugge as it's spelt there, in Belgium. It's such a cute old little city! I really enjoyed wandering around the streets there, it's pretty simple to learn your way around the cobblestreets as it's not so big. And our hotel was right behind the Bellfree, the huge bell tower in the marketsquare. My brother and I climbed all the 360 steps which wasn't actually as bad as it sounds as there were breaks every so often -plus it was cold so you had to keep moving! The churches in Bruge are stunning, we visited a few and lit a lot of candles. I love churches, when I was younger mass just meant an hour of boredom but now I have grown to really appreciate and admire the architecture and varying styles of church according to religions. The food in Bruge very tasty too, the waffles from the street sellers were better than the ones from the posh cafes in fact! There also horse and cart tours around the town, they fit in perfectly with the street, its very picturesque. We rose on a horse and cart which was so fun!

Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment