Sunday 18 September 2011

Emilia Wickstead and Mulberry


Emilia Wickstead
I hadn't heard of Emilia Wickstead until I read an article about her in the Evening Standard. She's from Australia, and her mother has her own atelier there. Emilia has a small atelier of her own in London where you can have a dress made specifically for you and your bodyshape.
I found her collection at LFW really pleasant and clean with smart little cocktail dresses. At first I expected slightly mumsy stuff considering she dressed many of the royals (who didn't look so brilliant unfortanately) at Catherine and William's wedding, but was surprised at what a good mix of younger and older woman style clothes she presented.


Mulberry
I wish I could have gone to the Mulberry show it looked so cute, look at those little doggies! Also the invite was a ice cream waffle sandwich made of card and foam, and when you opened it up it sang a song and said 'Mulberry invites you to their Spring Summer 2012 show' etc. Then there was an inflatable ring, like the ones you play with in a swimming pool, which said 'Mulberry After Party, 9pm - 1am'. But much more importantly, I would have loved to see the clothes in person - the nude flower appliqué on those shell coloured dresses and jackets is my favourite thing ever! And the shoes! They are the perfect mary jane type platforms.

Sx

No comments:

Post a Comment